Can you control a 10,000-ton freight train over a mountain pass? Get your passengers safely home on a snowy winter’s night? Handle the pressure of a 125mph express train? Be the Driver. Meet the challenge. Locomotives from the age of steam to the present day, recreated in incredible detail. Fabulous realism along 5 real-world and 3 fictitious routes with stunning scenery and exciting action. Simple to get going, but a challenge from the very start, with hundreds of hours of gameplay. Learn to drive quickly and easily with RS Cab Control ®. Compete with other drivers from around the world with the RS Career System ®. Your imagination is the only limit. Create your own routes and scenery, and add to your collection with a wealth of extra locomotives, rolling stock and routes from www.railsimulator.com.
- Each of the 8 routes is beautifully modelled with characteristic signalling and signage
- Watch the action from a number of spectacular pre-set views, including cab, passenger, trackside and bird's eye
- Includes over 50 scenarios to test your driving ability
- Simple, user-friendly interface allows instant access to train experience
- Career System ® creates a challengingly realistic engine driving experience
- Five accurate real-world routes: Bath-Templecombe, Oxford-Paddington, York-Newcastle, Hagen-Siegen and Cajon Pass
- Three fictional routes: a large UK goods yard, a route based around Denver, Colorado USA and a route set in the alpine region of northern Europe
- Powerful user tools to create your own content.
- The World Editor enables users to easily create new routes or modify existing ones
- Routes can be built from scratch, containing your choice of terrain, track and scenery objects
- Ability to share user-created content
- Additional content already available for download, including locomotives, rolling stock, scenarios and routes